Press release - Fibbl helps Sportland produce 3D models in volumes never seen before
Fibbl helps Sportland create the world’s most inspiring online retail experience – producing 3D models in volumes never seen before
Fibbl and Sportland enters an agreement through which Fibbl will produce several thousand 3D models for Sportland's spring/summer sports shoe collection by early 2023. Creating so many 3D models in such a short time has never been done before in the fashion and consumer retail industry. The deal provides Sportland with the opportunity to leverage new AR-based advertising formats and their customers with the possibility to browse in an innovative and exciting way.
Stockholm / Helsinki, November 16, 2022.
At Slush 2022 (slush.org/Helsinki), Fibbl will present its groundbreaking automated process for producing and distributing 3D models for the fashion and consumer retail industry. However, for the first time, Fibbl, in collaboration with Sportland, the biggest sports retail company in Baltics, is announcing they will produce content for the entire spring and summer footwear collection by early 2023.
- “How to sell a sneaker? Try it on. How to sell a sneaker online? Try it on! Fibbl’s constantly evolving AR technology gives us endless possibilities to take Sportlands E-commerce to another, 3D level. With Fibbl, we can sustainably and cost-effectively produce 3D sneaker wall for our whole Spring/Summer 2023 sneaker collection and create a realistic AR user experience”, explains Henri Kruusel (Head of Marketing and E-commerce, Sportland).
To deliver on this opportunity, Fibbl has automated the 3D production process and uses a SaaS distribution model, which enables e-commerce platforms to integrate 3D and AR seamlessly and automatically. To make this possible, Fibbl uses state-of-the-art camera solutions Sony.
- “The Fibbl solution leverages the high-quality imagery of Sony’s A7R IV camera and CameraRemote SDK to capture the data necessary to produce 3D models in an extraordinarily effective way, without compromising on quality,” explains Yasuo Baba Director, DigitalImaging and European Product Marketing, Sony Digital Imaging Europe.
Research has shown that 3D models are highly effective in marketing campaigns, boost user engagement, raise conversion for e-commerce, and reduce returns. And because 3D models are a radically simplified means to generate product imagery, the technology also helps brands and retailers to cut costs and reduce time to market.
- “By solving problems for fashion brands and online retailers today, we are paving the way for future XR experiences”, explains Henrik Arlestig, CEO of Fibbl. “We are innovating in two dimensions. First, we use robots and advanced software pipelines to industrialize the production of 3D. Then we distribute 3D models and the latest AR technologies with a “plug-and-play” solution through our SaaS platform — with a subscription-based business model not previously possible. Because the Fibbl visual-marketing platform can create unique 2Dimages and motion content in minutes, it enables our customers to cut time and cost dramatically and supports cross-marketing efforts. In addition, our solution enables new marketing opportunities on the major platforms with AR marketing, virtual try-on, and many other emerging experiences. And for the medium term, access to 3D models for all products is the first step toward a metaverse strategy”, concludes Arlestig.
Fibbl will showcase their solutions and participate in round table talks at Slush 2022, 17 – 19 November, Helsinki.
Fibbl: Henrik Arlestig, CEO, email@example.com +46 702 037 577
- Fibbl at RTC (Real Time Conference) - Video (9 min)
- Market research study from Shopify The ROI on AR: How Augmented Reality Is Boosting
- Market research study from Snap Inc. Exploring the Utility of AR in Marketers' E-Commerce plan
- Press photos and material
Fibbl is the world's first cost-effective end-to-end visual marketing platform for 3D and AR. We help brands and online retailers to enable 3D & Augmented Reality in their e-commerce and marketing at scale. Solving the real problems of 3D/AR with new technology. We are building the world's largest 3D model database of fashion products.
Sportland is the largest sporting goods retailer in the Baltic region and delivers globally through e-commerce. Our mission is to make the lives of young people more interesting, better, and more emotional through our products and services. When collaborating, we aim for customized marketing strategies to achieve the best goals together with our partners. We have long-term expertise in working closely with brands such as Nike, adidas, Vans, The North Face, New Balance, and many more. https://sportland.com/