3D first — How Fibbl help brands and online retailers into the next era of e-commerce
3D FIRST - top fashion brands are leveraging 3D models and AR to improve e-commerce
2001 Amazon launched their first mobile website and the concept “mobile first” became a mantra in e-commerce. Are we now witnessing the start of “3D-first”? This is the first blog in a series telling the Fibbl-story and how well-known fashion brands are leveraging the power of 3D in their e-commerce. This first blog will explain why this is a real possibility.
20 years after Amazon launched their mobile web, (early 2021) we at Fibbl came up with an idea that has been adopted by more than 20 well known fashion brands in less than 12 months. We support fashion brands and retailers with interactive and photorealistic 3D content for their ecommerce.
Why are e-commerce turning to 3D-models? We will get to that further down in this blog, but first, let us focus on the problems the industry has struggled with, using 3D-models.
If you know the basics about the production of high quality 3D models you know that this is a fairly expensive and complicated process. Also, juggling the challenge of managing massive high resolution data files with limitations of bandwidth, using mobile phones in e-commerce, has proven close to “black magic” and does not scale industrially.
Fibbl's way of addressing this is based on three very specific features:
- Completely hassle-fee. Implement a script on your site and you will have access to all 3D models
- 1€ per product and month. Start/stop when you want. Nothing less than a revolutionary business model pulverizing cost across the e-commerce value chain!
- We figured out the black magic ; -)
As always, the road from idea to where we are today has been far from a straight line, but we have been progressing well. Our goal is to create the world's largest database of photorealistic 3D models from fashion brand products. As of writing this post we have a couple of thousand products and are growing rapidly. The hassle-free implementation is something we will let our customers tell you about in our blogs - they love it! The “black magic” is our own secret and finally, the business model is up and running on our initial target product segment: shoes. No up front investment - just implement the script and you can use the Fibbl Product management system to toggle 3D images on/off on your site and pay 1 euro per shoe and month.
So, why would e-commerce vendors of fashion brands care? Here is why:
- Well established research has documented astonishing improvement in both conversion and return rates using photorealistic 3D models
- Level of user interaction simply sky-rockets with 3D powered content
- 3D models enables powerful AR and “virtual try on” applications
- New advertising formats are already here and they require 3D models
- E-commerce retailers have an opportunity to cut “time-to-market” in the very seasonal driven fashion market, since 3d-models enable “virtual studio” production of marketing and product imagery - that is money in your pocket!
- 3D models are a prerequisite for your metaverse strategy, totally independently of what it is and when you plan to get started.
So, at Fibbl we hope that you will find the stories of our customers inspiring and interesting. Our plan is to feature 10 brands and retailers. First 5 are: Björn Borg, Northwave, Nelly, Sportland and Kavat.
Are you not convinced about the importance of having a 3D strategy - do not miss out on this excellent blog/infographic produced by Snap Inc.
And, of course - check out fibbl.com! Set up a demo or just dive into it by setting up an account here.
3D First! Here is where you read it first!